Testing in sources.list still useful for Unstable/Sid users?

Dear Release Team,

Quite a while ago Adeodato Simó said in a message to -devel[1]:

    Personally I couldn’t care less about installability problems on
    user’s machines running unstable: my take is that those machines
    should have testing in sources.list, period.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2009/03/msg00582.html

For the benefit of Unstable/Sid users I have two questions:

1. Is the recommendation to have testing in sources.list still valid?
2. Does it make sense to document it in relevant user docs (Debian
Reference, Debian FAQ, etc.)?

Thanks for reading,
Andrei
P.S. Please keep -doc in the loop if you don't CC me as I'm not
subscribed to -release