Re: Typo in "A Brief History of Debian"

On 30 December 2011 14:43, Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:
> Andrea Brugiolo wrote:
>> I suppose the phrase "May old libraries were removed..." wanted to be
>> ""Many old libraries were removed...", at the end of the page
>> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/ch-releases.en.html
>
> Agreed.  That page could do with some love - I would suggest throwing
> out some of the less important facts about Etch and Lenny now that
> they're no longer news - but I'll restrict my comments below to the
> section for Squeeze.
(...)

I've taken most of this comments on board. Full diff is available in
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/project-history/project-history.sgml?r1=9019&r2=9025

> # Debian 6.0 _Squeeze_ (February 2011): named for the green three-eyed
> # aliens in the movie.
>
> Drop "in the movie" now that we're using names from more than one.

"In the movie" was used in many parts of the document so I've adjusted
it somewhat (but not dropped it) and add a reference to a specific Toy
Story movie in some case. As for your comment: I believe the only name
we've used so far that does not come from the first movie is Wheezy.

I've also fixed this (in SVN) in the answer to the FAQ about the
codenames: http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-ftparchives.en.html#s-codenames

> # The release was frozen in August 6, 2010, with many of the Debian
> # developers gathered at the 10th Debconf at New York City.
>
> This paragraph seems pointless - it's the page's only mention of a
> Debconf, and it's a jump backwards in time from 2011 to 2010.

Debconf is mentioned in other parts of the document. I'm not dropping this.

(...)
> So I would suggest rewriting it all as:

I've taken used suggestion and included it in the document.

Thanks

Javier