Re: Typo in "A Brief History of Debian"

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> That "page" is not a page, its a document and I'm not in favor of removing
> content. New content for the latest releases is ok, and welcome.

I'm not convinced this is necessary; we normally expect the people
who write history books to revise their analyses of past decades as
time marches on, even when they aren't storing their annals in a
publicly-accessible VCS.

But if old entries are sacrosanct, this also requires some policy
about what material should or shouldn't be included in new additions -
Debconf venues?  Project Leaders?  Stats like number of packages?
Otherwise the document is automatically going to tend to degenerate
into an accumulation of hurriedly jotted addenda instead of providing
a coherent overview.

> As for your suggestions, I will try to tackle them soon and fix the document.
> If somebody wants to submit a patch for review it would be most welcome.

Sorry, I was intending to attach a patch, but the latest version
accessible via "apt-get source" doesn't yet have the section about
Squeeze, so I made do with just including the corrected markup.