FAQ Reference to Obsolete Documentation (APT-HOWTO)

Hello,

I was reading the Debian FAQ, Chapter 8  when I came across a
reference/hyperlink [1] to the “APT HOWTO”. Upon visiting the
apt-howto I noticed the entire document was labeled “Obsolete”.

I am looking for clarification as to what obsolete means in this
context. Is the document still applicable? Does it have a replacement
document and the hyperlink just needs to be updated? Or, should the
hyperlink just be removed from the Debian FAQ?

I am more than willing to assist with correcting/fixing this issue –
just need a little guidance. :)

Respectfully,

J. Montgomery