Re: release-notes: whats-new

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 06:55:09AM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:

> > msgid "the <acronym>GNU</acronym> C library"

>  Squeeze uses eglibc library, not glibc.

For our purposes in this section, I'm not sure the difference is material.
eglibc is merely "embedded glibc"; the version numbers refer to the same
basic code base, and the delta between eglibc and glibc is on the same order
as the delta we already carried in-house in our glibc package.  I think it's
correct to refer to this as "the GNU C library" if we wish.