refcard 5.0.6-1: various remarks on original text

[ CC'ing original author, Hi Wolfgang ]

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 08:08:24PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Simon Paillard dijo [Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 01:56:03AM +0100]:
> > > If any of you Spanish speakers is so inclined, a quick revision would
> > > be most welcome!
> >
> > Thanks, don't hesitate to send to me a proofread file.
>
> Hmm... I found several wrong bits. I'm sending you an updated
> version.

Thanks, commited.

> I still found some odd things in the original strings:
>
> Things that read a bit strange - Some are about the original, some are
> about my translation (I'd presume, bugs inherited from earlier
> versions):
>
> - entries.dbk:508: Debsums requires Debsums? Seems
>   tautologic... Maybe it should be "is in 'debsums' package", or
>   something like that...

Indeed. However I prefer to avoid adding more fuzzy strings at this stage.

> - entries.dbk:564: "ssh -X user@host" is provided for "Login at other
>   machine". The -X is not needed (and IMO is seldom used)... It does
>   not hurt, but it just makes a longer command line, needlessly harder
>   to remember

Mmmh, I don't know whether removing this "-X" worth. Indeed this doc targets
beginners and I fear a beginner would be scared if he got DISPLAY errors
messages (or less clear message).

> - entries.dbk:171: still mentions /boot/grub/menu.lst, should be
>   grub.cfg (and I'm not sure update-grub is still needed)

This one (#605668) is fixed in svn (and soon in the archive).
We refer now to /etc/default/grub since /boot/grub/grub.cfg is directly read by
grub and not supposed to be edited by the user.

> I think that's it. There were several stupid typos in the .po I sent
> you which would lead to gross confusion - Please regenerate the
> refcard. l10n-spanish guys, please take a look and help spot my errors
> :(

Seems it's perfect now :) Thanks Gunnar.

--
Simon Paillard