release notes recommendations about lilo?

Hi,

I'm reviewing the current Debian release notes to try to help get them in
shape for squeeze, and I came across this statement in the section on
"upgrading":

  The lilo package will offer to do this for you as part of the upgrade, but
  if you decline or don't see the prompt, you should run lilo by hand:

  # /sbin/lilo

  Notice this is needed even if you did not upgrade your system's kernel, as
  lilo's second stage will change due to the package upgrade.

However, I can't see any reason why this last statement would be true; the
lilo package doesn't contain any files that are shipped in /boot, and the
only files copied to /boot as part of the postinst are bmp files.  So as far
as I can see, the only time the second-stage bootloader is updated on disk
is when you run /sbin/lilo.

Should this last sentence be dropped, or have I overlooked something?

Thanks,