Re: How often should release notes be rebuilt on www.debian.org?

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:02:23AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The release notes are currently rebuilt by the often script on
> www-master.debian.org, which runs every four hours.  Frans Pop, I
> believe, suggested that they be rebuilt by the lessoften script
> instead, which runs once a day.  Would this be OK?

In order to see problem within 24 hours for everyone on earch with
different time zone, could you at least rebuild every 12 hours?

4 hours is nice ... but I guess CPU resource may be an issue.

By the way, does it build all even when there is no change?

Also, as I remember, it build from single XML (and one PO for
translation) for all architectures.  I wonder if build script build
extracted XML for each arch (and update it only if it is different),
then we may save CPU time.

Osamu