Re: Illustrated Guide to Installing Debian GNU/Linux

Hi Eric,

On Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009, Eric Doviak wrote:
> For people who are new to GNU/Linux and are simply trying to install Debian
> on a home desktop, I wrote an "Illustrated Guide to Installing Debian
> GNU/Linux."[3]

Very nice!

> I never intended to create an official Debian document, but -- if you think
> that it is of good quality

I definitly think so!

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Etch/ is written in a similar
spirit (see the GettingStarted guide there). (But it's targetted at yet
another audience then your document.)

It is maintained on the Debian wiki (this only works with an editor who
reviews all edits and acts when needed), and then turned into the
debian-edu-doc package, see it's source code to see how :)

Then it's translated via .po files and the resulting html and pdf versions are
put online at http://maintainer.skolelinux.org/debian-edu-doc/ - as well as
uploaded to debian as the debian-edu-doc package.

(Work on the lenny version has begun, but hasn't been finished by far. Just
replace s/Etch/Lenny/ in the above wiki.d.o URL.)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: I've set the reply-to to the debian-doc mailinglist, please cc: me on
replies as I'm not subscribed.