Re: CfH: Some issues regarding the lenny release notes

2009/2/2 W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org>:
> 0. Credits
>
>   I added some author and translator names to the file
>   en/release-notes.dbk. If your name or the name of your
>   favourite contributor is not yet in, please just patch the
>   file. If the existing information is inaccurate, patch it.
>   Maybe we can also remove some names, which do not apply to
>   the current state anymore.

In my opinions translators should only appear in the relevant
translation document, not in all languages. Having, for eg, the
bielorussian's translators name in the spanish translation of the
Release Notes does not make sense. Maybe it should be best to have
something like:
# TRANSLATORS: Please introduce here the name of the people
# you want to credit both for current and past translations
msgid "The translation teams for each of their respective languages"
msgstr ""

And have translation teams introduce in the translation whatever they
feel appropiate. I'm not sure how the '<hidden>

Also, either all credits should have email addresses or none should,
doing a mix of "some do, some don't" looks odd.

Just my 2c

Regards

Javier