Re: How often should release notes be rebuilt on www.debian.org?

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 01:37:30AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 04:02:23AM -0700, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > The release notes are currently rebuilt by the often script on
> > www-master.debian.org, which runs every four hours.  Frans Pop, I
> > believe, suggested that they be rebuilt by the lessoften script
> > instead, which runs once a day.  Would this be OK?
>
> By the way, does it build all even when there is no change?

Though I could understand this concernt when the makefiles were broken,
but they should be ok now in both etch and lenny (=trunk), so IMO there
is little interest in reducint the frequency build.

It happened a some weeks ago for etch release-notes, but has been fixed, see #542129.

http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/webwml/release-notes.log
says that there is no longer any useless rebuild, though the install
step is still done whatever is the new source status.
I don't know how long is this step (we may pipe all debwww builds to
'ts' provided by moreutils which timestamps logs), anyway this step may
depend in the source status as well.

Best regards.

--
Simon Paillard