Bug#494332: developers-reference: mention explicitely that ITPs must be Cced to -devel@, and why.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#494332: developers-reference: mention explicitely that ITPs must be Cced to -devel@, and why.
- From: Lucas Nussbaum <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:42:43 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20090907204243.GA25060@xanadu.blop.info>
- Reply-to: Lucas Nussbaum <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20080811131949.GA28808@xanadu.blop.info>
- References: <20080729212755.14382.48717.reportbug@localhost> <20080729221753.GW28156@sliepen.org> <488FA713.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20080730051053.GA11170@cloud.net.au> <20080808125806.GA6026@xanadu.blop.info> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20080811131949.GA28808@xanadu.blop.info>
On 11/08/08 at 10:19 -0300, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 11/08/08 at 09:24 +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum <email@example.com> writes:
> > > Package: developers-reference
> > >
> > > Mentioned on -devel@:
> > [...]
> > >> Where's that written? I don't mean to be objectionable, but no such
> > >> requirement is listed in the developer's reference:
> > >> http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#newpackage
> > >>
> > >> I think it's more important to submit an ITP early to avoid duplicate
> > >> work than to spend more time perfecting the package description.
> > Ehm:
> > | You should set the subject of the bug to ITP: foo -- short
> > | description, substituting the name of the new package for foo. The
> > | severity of the bug report must be set to wishlist. Please send a copy
> > | to <firstname.lastname@example.org> by using the X-Debbugs-CC header
> > | (don't use CC:, because that way the message's subject won't indicate
> > | the bug number). If you are packaging so many new packages (>10) that
> > | notifying the mailing list in seperate messages is too disruptive, do
> > | send a summary after filing the bugs to the debian-devel list
> > | instead. This will inform the other developers about upcoming packages
> > | and will allow a review of your description and package name.
> > I think this bug should be closed again.
> No, I think that we should just add something like:
> It is important that, in the ITP, you provide the description that you
> are going to use in the package. That way, other debian-devel@ readers
> can review it and suggest improvements.
Actually, I agree that it's already in dev-ref.
| Lucas Nussbaum
| email@example.com http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: firstname.lastname@example.org GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |