Re: Please proof-read Debian 5.0 ("lenny") release notes

W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2009-02-08 01:58, Justin B Rye wrote:
>>> To do this, you have to run aptitude in “visual mode” and press g
>>
>> (Why "visual", anyway?  How do I access olfactory mode?)
>
> No idea. I never used aptitude, but thought it might be
> something like the "visual editor" (vi) compared to "editor"
> (ed). What do you suggest?

It's canonically referred to (e.g. in aptitude(8)) as "visual mode",
so there's no particular need to change the release-notes, but if
that terminology really is because it's trying to increase the
user-friendliness of its docs by being more like vi then I can only
say I'm not convinced it's a good plan.