Re: Makefile for lenny release-notes: publish fails

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 11:56:10PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2009-01-07 19:33, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > make: *** [publish] Error 1
> > make: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny'
> > Here is a little patch to fix that problem, applied to trunk.
>
> Many thanks!

Unfortunately it's not enough :

+ install -m 644 -p en/release-notes.alpha.html/ap-old-stuff.en.html [..] /org/www.debian.org/www/releases/lenny/alpha/release-notes/
install: omitting directory `en/release-notes.alpha.html/images'
make: *** [publish] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny'

I cannot find how to install recursively a directory.. (unless using cp && chmod)

> > However, I still miss the point of adding links so that the english
> > version is reached using name.html instead of name.en.html (language
> > negociation allows to redirect name.html to name.LINGUA.html ) :
> >
> >      for i in $(PUBLISHDIR)/$$arch/$(manual)/*.en.html; do \
> >         ln -sf `basename $$i` $${i%.en.html}.html; \
> >      done; \
>
> Hm, I don't know who authored the publish routines in the
> Makefile, I believe that I left them mostly untouched, because I
> wasn't sure about some of it as well. (However, I wouldn't rule
> out that I introduced one or the other error.)

On top of that, As spotted by Rhonda, the publish target always perform a
clean, which as a major impact on build load.

--
Simon Paillard