Re: Doc Error: Debian GNU/Linux Network Administrator's Manual Chapter 8 - DNS/BIND

	 On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 22:22:43 +0900
		 Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 01:58:49AM -0400, tarecaro84 wrote:
> > I have a simple doc fix if someone would like to submit it.  It
> > could be a tricky error for people who try to follow the example.
> >
> > In:
> > http://www.us.debian.org/doc/manuals/network-administrator/ch-bind.html#s8.4
> > .2.2
> >
> > 		file "192.168.100.rev";
> >
> > Should be:
> > 		file "192.168.100.db";
> >
> > I like the ".db" name over ".rev", as reverse is clearly indicated
> > by "in-addr.arpa".
> >
> > CJ
>
> Hmmm...  as I said, I vote for remove building these problematic
> documentation.
>
> Osamu

I agree. It's already on the TODO. [1].
	"Urgent TO-DO list:
	* Ruthless stale documentation reaping. "

Also as mentioned on this message[2] I think the sources should be kept
for historical purposes and/or in case of resurrection; As well could
be referenced as "Archived" meaning, at least, no more
updates/editing/building. There are at least three "planned" items in
the "Problematic" category that could be labeled and referenced as
"Proposed". Those items "Archived" and "Proposed", relate to TOPICS[3],
the TODO[1], and DDP as a whole[5]. The hierarchy has yet to be
finalized[4].

[1] - http://www.debian.org/doc/todo
[2] - http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2008/07/msg00077.html
[3] - http://www.debian.org/doc/topics
[4] - http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ddp-policy/ddp-policy
[5] - http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp
[6] - http://wiki.debian.org/MotoHoss

<btw> a little about me is here[6]. I would like to join the ddp and
assist where I may. Guide me gently please. <vbg>.