Re: www-master: Latest SVN or packaged version? (was: SVN finally fully enabled ...)

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 05:05:50PM +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 04:33:06PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Well, if nobody tries, then we'll never know for sure. :)
>
> I tried that, of course, and it worked on my machine. I didn't
> try on www-master, however.
>
> > If you want to change this, feel free to go ahead but in the mean time I'm
> > just interested in having an updated version of developers-reference
> > online. :-|
>
> Sure. How do other debian-doc people think? Do you prefer the
> current SVN or the latest package? I prefer the latter.

Which ever works :-)

The best is to have testing chroot in which all SVN are build.  That
way, we can use the practically current platform which build packages
while avoiding complication of unstable.

I know TeX system change is not something doc write want to do too many
workaround for web building of PDF.

Until someone stands up to set up such system, we should allow makefile
to fetch and extract unstable package to create html.  If we use some
conditional in package's make file, it should not be too difficult to do
so.  It is each subtree owner's decision and you can do it now.

Osamu