Re: [etch-and-half] release notes review

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:58:57PM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:24:51AM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > >
> > > What's the estimated release date?
> >
> > 2008.07.25 is the planned release date for the point release;
> > the cd images should follow shortly thereafter.
> >
> > > Has work started yet on a press release?
> >
> > Not yet; I wonder if we shouldn't just add a blurb in the standard
> > press release for the point release?
>
> Andreas Schuldei and I will work on a press release and pass it to the
> press team (unless they've started something on their own already)

oh, ok, cool. Martin Schulze also sent me a question about it, so you
may want to coordinate with him. Also note that the release notes are
available in wml (releases/etch/etchnhalf.wml), in case that helps.

My idea was to just add a short blurb to the front of the 4.0r4
announcement that directs people to the release notes for details,
but if press wants a separate announcement, I'm cool w/ that.

--
dann frazier