Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 04:22:13PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has
> directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need is
> the POT file, to get started.

The pot files are now under po4a.
An empty vi directory waits for you :~)

> It would be great if we could have this ready for Lenny. (Newly-added
> languages, like mine, would need a tiny lead time to add the localized
> reference to the D-I Manual.)

I'm not very optimistic about having the new DocBook/UTF-8/po4a
FAQ ready for lenny. The po conversion of existing translations
(diverging a lot from the English version) is a boring,
difficult and error-prone task.