Re: Converting debian-doc CVS repo to SVN

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:31:21PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Mar 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > We have the full CVS history in the SVN repository:
> > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> Other details:
>
> Getting a checkout (with write access) can be done with:
> $ svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk manuals
>
> By default commit notices are sent to <package>_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org
> (ie sent to the PTS with "cvs" keyword) where package is the name of the
> directory in manuals/(trunk|tags|branches)/<package>
>
> Commit notices of commits that are outside of "manuals" will be sent
> to debian-doc@lists.debian.org.  This will probably need some tweaking in
> the future. It's all configured in /svn/ddp/hooks/svnmailer.conf on
> alioth.debian.org.
> (svnmailer doc is here: http://opensource.perlig.de/svnmailer/)
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Raphaël Hertzog

Thanks.

I think this information may help you.

Since I tried similar to git and fould following problem in CVS.

 *,v.err and *,v.orig merging problem for Korean

(I think it was apt-howto but I do not remember now)

The file corruption of server caused broken CVS data.  When it was
recovered, I think javi fixed it enough to check out recent history.
But some deep history still contain corrupted data.  This was causing
problem converting to git.  Apparently, svn script is more robust but
data created may be problematic.

Regards,

Osamu