Re: System Administrator's Manual

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:01:50PM +0000, Rafal Czlonka wrote:
> Is there anyone responsible for accepting/proofreading the documentation?
> Seeing something like[0]:

This document is totally outdated.  Most contents are from 9-10 years
ago.  Recent changes are removal of some unavailable software etc.
(Which is 2 years ago)

> EMC NetWorker[1] is a backup system formerly known as Legato. EMC supplies
> NetWorker Client for GNU/Linux, but with almost no technical support.
> The applications are available in RPM binary packages from the Legato FTP Site[2].

I personally see no value here as the document from Debian site.

> I wonder if it is appropriate to suggest a binary-only/proprietary software when
> there's plenty of free/open backup software available in Debian?

At any rate, this is totally broken part of DDP which may be best
removed.  See its changes.

There are good general backup guide somewhare else.