Re: po files (was: Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload)

On 22/05/2008, at 3:34 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:

Hi,

Op Thu 22 May 2008 om 02:35:00 +0930 schreef Clytie Siddall:

On 18/05/2008, at 3:26 PM, Joost van Baal wrote:

Hi,

I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within about
week.  It fixes serious bug #479915.

So, if you'd like to get any other changes (translation updates, e.g.)
in: now is the time.  For the current status, see e.g.
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq/ .

No PO files yet? I'm still willing to translate it if it's available in
PO format.

I plan to upload using the "old" infrastructure, without .po files.

W. Martin Borgert has started working with
manuals/branches/debian-faq/dbk-po4a-utf8 . Some stuff in .po is there.
I believe you should coordinate with him.

Drat, I just sent off an email to him. This is costing me imaginary paper. :D

_If_ this stuff gets finished before the general lenny-freeze, I'd be
happy to help and try to get a po-ized faq in lenny.

Great. I'll work with Martin and see how we go. I see he already has directories for the existing languages in dbk-po4a-utf8: all I need is the POT file, to get started.

Martin, do you have a POT file yet, for the Debian FAQ? If not, how long do you think before we will have one?

I notice the existing files in the other language directories are still SGML, so I realize you haven't had time to run the conversion yet. Please create a Vietnamese (vi) directory as well.

It would be great if we could have this ready for Lenny. (Newly-added languages, like mine, would need a tiny lead time to add the localized reference to the D-I Manual.)

Happy Documenting!  :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n