Re: debian-faq 4.0.1 ready for upload

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 07:56:41AM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I plan to upload a new debian-faq package (version 4.0.1) within about a
> week.  It fixes serious bug #479915.
>
> So, if you'd like to get any other changes (translation updates, e.g.)
> in: now is the time.  For the current status, see e.g.
> http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq/ .

I do not have paticullar thing to say in its content yet but with my
fast glancing of this, this still use non-UTF-8 encoding with
debiandoc-sgml.

If we do not care too much about PS and PDF, I think debiandoc-sgml's
support for UTF-8 is very good shape as long as you get to use current
1.2.8 or 1.2.9.  (PS/PDF support is aother issue.  Any volunteer?  I am
looking to become comaintainer while new volunteer takes it over from
me.)

If I find enough time before lenny, I will update debian-reference with
UTF-8 support for non-English and XML transition for English.

Anyway, I want you all to see new -C option and better UTF-8 locale
supports in recent debiandoc-sgml.

Cheers,

Osamu