Re: Shameless theft from -user for new docs project [Re: Debian shutdown]

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:03:39 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> I'm sure you've all seen this on -user, but its one to add to the
> "novice" docs...
>
> "Help Me! How do I turn off my shiny new Debian machine??!!"

[snipped Russell's many ways to shutdown]

Another way (probably the simplest, especially for a novice, although
he really _does_ need to famliarize himself with the cli) is the power
button if the system is ACPI capable; I just discovered this on my
shiny new laptop. See the acpi and acpi-support packages.

Celejar