Request to add newbiedoc link to debian support websites

There's been a lot of discussion recently on the issue of newbies trying
to install and run Debian.  List: debian-user, threads:
	Re: Booting Debian/testing fails
		-> Attracting newbies

We've been discussing how more and more first-time linux users (and
first-time computer users) are trying to install Debian.  When they run
into problems they seem to be having a hard time getting answers.  When
they finally find the debian-user list (haven't seen them on
debian-boot), they are very frustrated and angry.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation on the debian web site for
real newbies, not even to tell them the things that the invariably get
told to do once they hit the list:  man pages, /usr/share/doc, google
site:lists.debian.org.

Then there's http://newbiedoc.berlios.de/wiki

At a minimum, would it be possible to add a link to newbie doc under
	http://www.debian.org/support#web

I've suggested that there be a separate page on www.debian.org just for
newbies.  Perhaps accessed by a BigButton saying NEW TO LINUX OR DEBIAN?

It could then provide a short introduction and pointers on where to go.

I consider the learning curve for using debian to start with such a huge
jump that it may as well be a brick wall.  We ought to provide a little
hand-holding to get people over the hump.

Doug.