Re: etch upgrade release notes, chapter 4.5.3: mention localepurge, too?

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 05:48:21PM +0100, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd think it'd be useful to add a note about localepurge at the
> "4.5.3 Make sure you have sufficient space for the upgrade" chapter
> (purging unused locales freed a whopping 240MB on this machine here
> on Debian stable).

Please file this wishlist bug against the bug tracking system (vs. the
'release-notes' virtual package) so it doesn't get lost. It is actually a
good idea.

> Possibly with a note saying that one should only do this if very
> space-starved (perhaps purging locales might cause upgrading issues?),
> and thus maybe list this suggestion last.

No, purging locales does not cause any upgrade issues (at least known).
However, the user experience might be, however, less satisfying if he purges
*all* locales and he has to do an upgrade in a language he doesn't fully
understand (i.e. English).

Regards

Javier