Re: Debian Linux Kernel Handbook

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:36:06PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> DDP being Debian specific documentation portal, I think we should link
> "Debian Linux Kernel Handbook" from http://www.debian.org/doc/ although
> it is in alioth.d.o
>   http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/
>
> I am thinking to include linkk there from Debian Reference (v2) but then
> I realize this seems to be worth including it from DDP.
>
> (DDP page was updated by Josip and Javi recently, thus CCed.)
>
> Any thought?

Hi,

The Kernel Handbook has not been updated since etch release and is
probably mostly obsolete and does not reflect the current status of
the kernel packaging correctly. During its lifetime there have been no
interest from anyone else other than myself to keep it up-to-date, and
I can't dedicate as much time to Debian these days as I used to. I'll
try to update it, however if you are going to link it right now,
please make it clear that it mostly applies to etch.

Thanks.
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC