Re: Possible new introductory packaging guide

On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 02:39:06PM -0400, Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> I recently gave a talk at my LUG about making packages, aimed primarily
> towards those entirely unfamiliar with Debian packaging.  It uses CDBS to do
> most of the work, and provides example sources (made from KDevelop's "hello
> world" examples) that can be easily Debianized.
> Since there doesn't seem to be an easy introductory packaging guide, I was
> thinking of reworking the presentation into a manual that could be added to
> the official docs.  Would anyone be interested in taking a look at it and
> giving some advice on how to proceed?
>
> You can get the files from my ftp share @
> ftp://mrk.homelinux.net/plug/debs/building-debian-packages.tar.gz

I have to be honest saying I am not fun of cdbs since it add too much
abstruction to the packaging.  This is bacause, if something goes wrong,
I will be lost to do debugging.  But after seeing your slides, this may
be interesting tool.

If you can give nice short pointer and example document on cdbs
including information how to handle debugging, it may be an interesing
additon to nm-guide.

nm-guide is currently hosted at DDP CVS.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

If you can made good diff, why not add it since I see many people use
it.

Osamu