Re: Desktop upgrade strategy (was: What should be upgraded first: kernel or userland?)

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 04:25:48PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I think we should provide recommendations on how to recover and make sure
> > that we point out that network upgrades might need a remote control mechanism
> > (remote console access) just in case.
>
> Right, agreed.

I've added the remote serial console recommendation, and removed the remark
that "reboot is seldom needed" from the Release Notes (as this is not the
case for etch). Should be visible "soon" at
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/release-notes/ch-upgrading.en.html#s-backup

Regards

Javier