Re: [Fwd: Fix to Debian GNU/Linux System Administrator's Manual]

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:22:35AM -0400, Yannick Gingras wrote:
> Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> writes:
> >> Is there a good manual to the debian-doc ddt?  I don't know which tag
> >> to use where.
> >
> > Yep, see the package debiandoc-sgml-doc. But I'm sure you will not need new
> > tags, the current document should already contain all important once.
> >
> > As soon as one wants to rewrite this document it also possible to switch to
> > DocBook/XML.
>
> Do you have an XSLT transform or some other script to do the
> conversion?

There exists debiandoc2xml in the debiandoc-sgml package and IIRC also another
tool. I never tried it. Osamu should know it better.

According to what I have seen for the Debian Installer manual the build system
of DocBook is more complicated and not just a simple debiandoc2pdf call ...

PS: There is no need to CC: me. Probably you're subscribed too!?

Jens