I need some help with my first steps using Debian Doc / SGML

Hi,

Please be patient with me here, this is a true 100% newbie question:

I offered my help to the "Debian GNU/Linux Book Suggestion"
(http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/book-suggestions/).  I am currently
collecting Debian related books in English, German and French and I
intend to include the best ones in the list of suggested books. Contrary to what was done so far, I want to add a short description of
each book.

I was told by the project maintainer that I needed to submit the
entries using Debian Doc's SGML.  I have never used SGML, but I think
I understand that this is a markup language which uses tags.  The tags
which I will have to use will have to be compatible with the Debian
Documentation Project and will look like:

<!doctype debiandoc public "-//DebianDoc//DTD DebianDoc//EN">

<debiandoc>
 <book>
   <titlepag>
     <title>FooBar</title>
     <author>
	<name>Bortzmeyer</name>
	<email>bortzmeyer@debian.org</email>
     </author>
   </titlepag>
   <chapt>
     <heading>Title</heading>
   </chapt>
 </book>
</debiandoc>

I need some help however as I am rather confused.  Please bear with me:

1) where can I find a list of legal tags (such as <review> or <description>)?

2) do I need to install debiandoc-sgml-doc and if yes, what for? Can't I just use any text editor to enter tags & text?

3) how can I best check my tags before submitting them?

4) is there a Debian Doc editor or an editor best suited to edit
Debian Doc SGML documents?

Many thanks,

Andrei