lists.debian.org: Please make the debian-doc list open to subscribers-only

Package: lists.debian.org
Version: N/A reported 2006-02-22

Please, make the debian-doc mailing list open only to subscribers.
The amount of spam there vs. posting from regular users, is very high. For
example, january this year, there were 23 spam emails and 45 valid:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2006/01/index.html

In February this year (although it did not end yet) there have been 10
relevant e-mails out of 43!

Even though some of the postings might come from unsubscribed users, I think
many developers would gladly accept becoming moderators of the mailings of
unsubscribed users.

Debian-doc does receive automatic mails from some non-subscribed
addresses (like the DDP CVS commit e-mails) so having a white list for some
addresses would be good too.

I rather reject posts to the mailing list myself than manually reviewing the
web archives and reporting as spam tons of messages. I believe other
subscribed of debian-doc (in CC:) would agree with me and cooperate in
moderating non subscriber posts.

Thanks

Javier