CVS - commitinfo line contains no format strings?

Hi,

% cat CVS/Root
:ext:joy@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-doc
% cat CVS/Repository
/cvs/debian-doc/ddp/manuals.sgml/maint-guide
% cvs commit [...]
cvs commit: warning: commitinfo line contains no format strings:
    "/cvs/debian-doc/CVSROOT/commit_prep.pl -r"
Appending defaults (" %r/%p %s"), but please be aware that this usage is
deprecated.
[...]

What's that all about? The debian-doc/CVSROOT/commitinfo didn't change in
years, should we append the defaults? I see the script commit_prep.pl takes
non-option arguments as @files.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.