Re: lists.debian.org: Please make the debian-doc list open to subscribers-only

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 12:42:27AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> Package: lists.debian.org
> Version: N/A reported 2006-02-22
>
> Please, make the debian-doc mailing list open only to subscribers.
> The amount of spam there vs. posting from regular users, is very high. For
> example, january this year, there were 23 spam emails and 45 valid:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2006/01/index.html

Actually, it is not as bad here since I got bored fighting spam
these days and use one of those free pop serveice at g---.com .

> I rather reject posts to the mailing list myself than manually reviewing the
> web archives and reporting as spam tons of messages. I believe other
> subscribed of debian-doc (in CC:) would agree with me and cooperate in
> moderating non subscriber posts.

I will not oppose this move but if we start doing this (I know some
debian-chinese list already do this.), our web page should be updated.
It is worthy cause.

My condition of support requires system of moderation is in place.
Sory, I do not want to be the one to moderate.

Osamu