Re: Debian Reference

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 12:46:28AM +0100, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> Hi Frans / Osamu,
>
> An outline for a plan:
> (1) Discuss use of manual toolset for DR with Frans.
> (2) Set up a svn repo.

I say set-up alioth project and ask svn there too. Frans, can you be the
admin.

> (3) Take a frozen version of the existing DR.

I say get CVS HEAD version while tagging CVS.
(Due to toolset transition, it is unbuildable and I havent uploaded
yet.)

With new debiandoc-sgml in unstable (Installable to stable, I think),
you can convert entire document to XML cleanly without human
interaction.  With minimal perl tricks described in the latest
debiandoc-sgml-doc, you can preserve default.ent entries.

If you ask me, I can upload tarball with XML converted files to web.

> (4) Refactor it into a new structure based on one already discussed with
> Osamu, but likely to change lots before we get here).

Please propose your thought.  I am open to everything.

> (5) Keep note of diffs going in while I'm working on (4).

As long as CVS is tagged, we can handle this :-)

> (6) Factor those diffs in.
> (7) Need to decide how we migrate. Do diffs go into both versions for a
> crossover period, or is the existing DR frozen with all new changes to
> go into the new version?

 7-1 one build docs somewhere publically accessible. (you)
 7-2 change web build script to make copy on the old location. (I can do
     this)

Osamu

PS: I may be off-line next few days.(Moving)