Re: XML build scripts for d-i

On Saturday 08 October 2005 02:52, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> While I tried to learn XML build tool chain by following d-i, I
> realized that d-i have problem with building Japanese etc.

Correct. It is a problem we've long wanted and tried to solve.
We've repeatedly asked for help with that without much reaction...

Currently we have no solution for CJK languages and Greek. We do have a
Russian pdf version, but with not very nice fonts.

We can actually generate a pdf file for CJK. The problem is that all it
has is <9999><9999> with different UTF (?) codes. It seems to be a font
problem.

> I think following changes may help situation:
> Use gs-esp (instead of gs-common which will resolve as gs-gpl)
> Install cjk-latex and freetype1-tools
> Provide enough fonts:
>     freetype1-tools,
>     tfm-arphic-bsmi00lp,
>     tfm-arphic-bkai00mp,
>     tfm-arphic-gbsn00lp,
>     tfm-arphic-gkai00mp,
>     hbf-jfs56,
>     hbf-cns40-b5,
>     hbf-kanji48,

I do have all this installed, but I don't see how it should help. Note
that we currently use dvipdf to create the pdf pages.
What commands (including proper options please) would you suggest we use
and from which source format? Anything special to do when generating the
tex file?

Cheers,
FJP