Re: Blessing DocBook/XML for Debian documentation?

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 02:10:40PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 11:44:39AM +0000, W. Borgert wrote:
> > - WYSIWYG addicts can use the non-free editor XXE
>
> or Conglomerate, who is in main ( apt-get install conglomerate )

Of course I prefer free software, but the XMLmind XML Editor
(XXE) is far ahead of conglomerate in terms of features,
usability, and stability.  Does conglomerate support images,
tables, xincludes?  I'll stay with GNU Emacs + nxml-mode.

> > My plea is to officially allow DocBook/XML.
>
> How will the transcient look? ( How will the switch over look?)

IMHO, there is no urgent need to change the existing documents.
Or what did you mean?

Cheers,
--
Wolfgang Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/