Re: orientated?

Larry Doolittle wrote:
> I doubt you will find orientated in any dictionary
> (and if you do, please burn it!).  In the draft
> release notes for Debian 3.1, Section 2.2 What's
> New in the Distribution?, please replace with "oriented".
> Thanks!

Wow, that's rough, telling anyone outside of the United States to burn
his/her dictionary because it uses the international spelling of the
word. That's like telling someone that "colour", "analyse", "tyre",
"metre", or "kerb" are misspellings and they need to switch to *OUR WAY*
 (and yes, I am in the US also).

Ironically, doing a search on the google for "orientated" will return
several links.  One of those links is from a highly regarded dictionary
site. :P http://tinyurl.com/dup9t