Re: debiandoc or docbook

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:35:42PM +0200, Frans Pop stated:
> On Thursday 16 June 2005 21:25, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> > My question is: is it normal and acceptable in your view to mark
> > this kind of document up in debiandoc-sgml, or would it be better to
> > mark it up in docbook-sgml/xml?
>
> The Installation Guide uses docbook-xml, so there is nothing in Debian
> that says you cannot do that.
>
> If you'd like more info on that, feel free to ask.
>
> I'm not actually very sure of the relative merits of debian-doc versus
> docbook-sgml/xml.
>
> Cheers,
> Frans Pop

I thought I read somewhere recently that debian-doc did not (currently?)
support either images or tables.

Is this true?  If so, it seems like a less than ideal solution for a
documentation format...

My $0.02,
Raymond
--
"Be Nice, or Leave - By Order of the Management"
(Sign above door, Black Sheep Inn, Wakefield)