Re: Sarge Release Notes - Architecture specific news?

Hi Martin,

I'm working on the post-sarge updates to the release notes, including the
one you submitted below.

On Thursday 02 June 2005 14:29, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> CoLo, the Cobalt boot loader which is used to load the installer via
> DHCP and NFS, has some known bugs in its DHCP client implementation.
> This may result in failures to obtain an IP address from the server.
> This has been confirmed to be the case with a Windows 2000 DHCP server
> and may apply to other DHCP servers.  If you experience problems
> obtaining an IP address via DHCP and you are confident that your DHCP
> server is configured properly, please download a <a href =
> "http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/unstable/main/installer-mipsel/curr
>ent/images/cobalt/netboot/vmlinux.gz">newer version of CoLo</a> and
> replace /nfsroot/vmlinux.gz with it on your DHCP/NFS server.  The DHCP
> problems have been addressed in this version.

I'm not really sure if the link you provide here should be used in the
release notes. The link refers to a file that will be rebuilt over time
as new releases of d-i are done. This could result in unexpected changes
or broken instances of the file.

IMO it would be better to copy the current version of the file somewhere
else and keep that static for the lifetime of Sarge.

Please let me know if my concerns are correct and, if so, a different URL
for the file.

Cheers,
FJP