Re: Simplification of text in Chapter 1 - What's new in the Release Notes

On Thursday 09 June 2005 13:22, Donald Teed wrote:
> Or you could completely drop discussion of what used to be.
> How about:
>
> "Please note that beginning with Debian GNU/Linux 3.1, we only support
> and document upgrading from the previous version (in this case,
> upgrading from 3.0)."

Changed to:
 and document upgrading from the previous release of Debian (in this case,
 the upgrade from &oldreleasename;). If you need to upgrade from older
 releases, we suggest you read previous editions of the release notes.</p>

Thomas and Donald: thanks for your suggestions.