Re: Release Notes: Anyone working on upgrade-related release notes?

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:19:20AM -1000, Joey Hess wrote:

> I'd assume that anyone who installed woody, did not notice that the
> boot-floppies did not install a kernel package but just put files on
> disk, and is now upgrading the sarge has probably been rooted in the
> meantime by any of the hundred+ kernel security holes that have been
> found since the last update of the boot-floppies kernels in 2002..

Well, in order to get rooted he probably would have to allow somebody
untrusted in since IIRC those were local privilege escalation issues (and
some remote DoS). Also, they might be people out there with hand crafted
2.2 and 2.4 kernels...

Regards

Javier