Re: Debian Reference --> XML conversion plan

Hi,

I have new automated XML conversion plan :-)

I knew debiandoc2dbxml tool but that was not automatic enough for me.

I an adding direct translation extension to debiandoc-sgml tool and had
success of converting to work (as a proof of concept).

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:28:34PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 16:42, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> > Would you mind if I investigate creation of a new XML version, that we
> > can work on in parallel with the existing version?

Yes.  You can help me refine this patch.  I will send it to BTS and
likely to cvs once I find it in alioth.

> I will also look at
> > how the install guide is managed.  I can start to refactor the
> > Reference, and you / Javi / whomever can filter in changes as and when
> > ready.

Refactor is really needed.

Also reprioritize.  What shall be removed !  What kind of contents
should be moved to wiki.debian.org (I think specific short term work
arounds is good candidate.)

> I would of course appreciate your input throughout, as I don't
> > want to go too far down the wrong road.

> I am coordinator for the Installation Guide. Feel free to contact me
> on/off this list if you have any questions.
> The toolset we use for the manual could use generalization.

I am looking into it now.

XML conversion (multilanguage)
make piece mean xml files like d-i
po based translation update

> I would very
> much welcome help with this and implementing xml more broadly.

I think good auto conversion of all the key debian documents from
debiandoc-sgml to docbookxml is good step.

> I have no
> problems with making changes in the manual to make this possible
> (provided of course they don't bring major regressions).

I did not understand "regression"?
 contents reorganization
or
 conversion tool bug fix