Re: your mail

Hello Roland,

Please can you break your lines to 72 chars it
is not easy to read and respond how you write?

Am 2005-08-15 10:48:41, schrieb Rankin, Roland:
> I was reading
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/release-notes/ch-installing.en.html
>
> 3.1 Installing.
> I read the description and I think I understand it. However, the only thing I really like about Debian is that it did not do things behind my back. Does this "Popularity Contest" include directions exactly detailing how to view what information it sends, or is it something simple to understand.

In "/etc/popularity-contest.conf change the line

    MAILTO="apenwarr-survey@debian.org"
    MAILTO="apenwarr-survey@debian.org, you@yourisp.tld"

and you see, what it sends.

> I trust Debian, but if everyone did, then no one could. "Spyware and Bug Reporting" are synonymous to my generation, and you may turn away potential my fellow Linux enthusiast, if you do not make directions for viewing the data sent extremely simple to capture for the below average user.

Spyware in Debian ?

> I am not expecting a reply from this email, but I welcome them.

:-)

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi