Bulgarian translation of release notes

Hello,

My name is Rumen Krastev and I'm bulgarian's coordinator of Debian Web Pages
Translation Project. I would like to start translating the "sarge release
notes" and I would like to ask you some questions about that.

Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with docbook nor debiandoc-sgml, because
until now I worked only with .po and .wml files. I suppose there is some
tools for debiandoc2po but I didn't found any. Even HTML version will be
good..

Please tell me what exactly is the algorithm to start translating this
documentation? I remember something about debiandoc->docbook->html and via
versa, or something like that?

Furthermore, according to this mail
http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2005/01/msg00124.html
debiandoc is not compatible with UTF-8, so I should use windows-1251 (cp1251)?
..and according to this mail
http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2005/01/msg00125.html
I should make new locale in /usr/share/perl5/DebianDoc_SGML/Locale
right?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Kind regards
Rumen