Re: library packaging doc...

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 05:00:11PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to request some input on actual actions that I will need
> to do in order to maintain libpkg-guide as part of DDP.

Good to hear.

> I'm not quite yet sure about the Makefile structure, and directory
> structure.

I am not connected now.  I think there was some explanation on the
web page something like ...

   http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs

> 1. Directory
> is
> 	ddp/manuals.sgml/libpkg-guide
> okay? The directory is called sgml, but the libpkg-guide source is in
> DocBook-XML format.

Sound good for me.  I think we will move to XML soon.

> 2. Makefile
>
> What is the requirements for the makefile?

Each directory needs to have Makefile which contains target "publish" and
build documents in the target directory PUBLISHDIR needs to be supported.

Usually, all HTML pages are build in to subdirectory of PUBLISHDIR
  <packagename>.html/allpages.<lang>.html

Other formats are directory in PUBLISHDIR

Please look at ddp/manuals.sgml/Makefile .

You list your directory in SUBDIRS in this Makefile.

Then you need to edit Debian web page such as w.d.o/devel

Please also tell us packages needed to build your document.  Then admin
can install them to the build machine.

Osamu