Re: Sarge Release Notes

Jonathan Quick <jon@hartrao.ac.za> schrieb am 17.02.05 13:37:03:
> I know this is self evident to those who have used Debian a while, but
> technically it
> will trip up someone who is not thinking ...
>
> Section 4.4 Upgrading packages:
>
>    You have to do an 'apt-get update' after changing
> /etc/apt/sources.list as detailed in
>    Section 4.3 before you do 'apt-get install aptitude' or you won't get
> the sarge version.

You're right. It is already mentioned in the source in a comment, so you are
the second person who noticed this fact.

> In addition, even the sarge version of aptitude fails to recognise the
> --with-suggests
> option ?

I have to check this.

PS: I also noticed that Release Notes mentions that apt-cdrom only supports
the /cdrom mount point. IIRC (and according to the documenation) there
exists an option to specify an arbitrary mount point. Does anyone know a
good reason to ignore this option, otherwise I will add it?!

Jens