maint-guide is not dictionary nor FAQ :-)

ITP, NMU, RC, BTS ...  add tyhese to dictionary :-)

I actually like your idea of mentioning NM related acronym.

But specific application process related things such as ITP are not the
focus of current maint-guide, writing unmaintainable contents into this
may be a bloat. But rest assured, I now have pointer to mpalmer's The
debian-mentors FAQ in Chapter 10.

This captures most of confusion if NM read it.  Also BTS and NM URLs are
also in Chapter 10.  Since now this has guide for pbuilder and I mention
FTBFS anf RC there, that should be OK.

NMU versioning may be for NM test.  In this document, we talk only
simple packaging.  So keep this in developer-reference as now.  NM has
to read it anyway.  Pointer to developer-reference exists in Chapter 1.
There we have NMU mentioned.

With all these your concern is mostly covered, I hope.

There is another dictionary project which want to capture these Debian
jargons and make printable and dict command compatible dictionary.  So
let's keep fun to them.  (CCing to the proposer and debian-doc list)

So from maint-guide BTS, let me erase this.

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Brussels Belgium, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract