ddp documentation

I'm looking at
http://www.debian.org/doc/docpolicy
and at
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/ddp/

and things don't make sense.

Doc policy says;
Here is a list of decisions that were made on our mailing list and approved by our Documentation Manager, Susan G. Kleinmann.
yet Klienmann is not a member of the ddp project.

Doc policy says
See the current draft of the new policy.
Yet this NEW policy being worked on is internally dated 2002 and CVS dated as July, 2003

You need help. What can I do?  I've written manuals before.

The biggest problem I'm having is identifying when something was written and whether it is current.  How about I do a database to list each manual, how to identify it and pointing to the current one.