Re: Translation of Sarge Release notes and Installation manual to Dutch

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 01:26:51PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to take a shot at translating the Release Notes and Installation
> manual for Sarge.

Release Notes are still not ready, the Installation manual is being
developed (checkout d-i's CVS at alioth.debian.org)

> I have already contacted debian-l10n-dutch@lists.debian.org and they said
> nobody is working on a Dutch translation yet.
>
> I am not a DD. How do I get started?

First of all, contact the project members of the d-i project at Alioth [1]
to get access to the CVS with rw permissions on the doc/ subdirectory.

Then (this goes to all translation teams), check out if there is a
translation of the installation manual available [2] you could use as a
start (the changes from woody to sarge include formatting changes and
sgml->xml changes but much of the content might remain the same).

Once done, send your translated documents to the debian-l10n-dutch for
reivew and after review has taken place start commiting to the doc/
subdirectory or send patches (files) to the debian-boot mailing list (so
someone else adds them to the CVS)

Regarding Release Notes, you should fist wait until  Rob Bradford announces
(in this list or in debian-i18n) that the Release Notes have been updated
and are translattable. Then, same loop as above (but the CVS would now be
the DDP CVS [3]). You might want to contact Rob so that he keeps you in the
loop.

Regards

Javier

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/projects/d-i/