Re: post to 'pg-admissions'

This message is sent from an unattended mailbox - do not reply to this
message:

Replies should be addressed to pg-admissions@cs.man.ac.uk

General Note to students:

Please do not duplicate the same email to a number of different email
addresses in this University.  They will all eventually be redirected to
this office.

We receive many emails each day and its not always possible to detect that
the same information is being provided 4 or 5 times (to the same student)
over the course of 4-5 days (or longer).

Dear Student

Thank you for your email:

1.  If you wish to APPLY FOR A PLACE on one of our courses please read the
following:

HOW TO APPLY
It is quicker to apply 'on-line' via the website below:

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/Postgrad/

IMPORTANT:

Please remember to post the following to me after you have sent the on-line
application form, otherwise your application will not be sent to the Course
Director.

1. TWO academic references on OFFICIAL letterheaded paper.

2. A copy of your degree certificate (if you have finished your course)

3. A transcript of your course marks for your degree.

4. A curriculum vitae/personal history.

5. A certificate showing your TOEFL/IELTS grade (ALL overseas students from
non-English speaking countries must provide this).

PLUS:

TAUGHT COURSE STUDENTS ONLY:
6. A Statement of Aims: (provide a short statement giving your reasons for
applying, your motivation etc) Half an A4 page or more in length.

RESEARCH STUDENTS (MPhil/PhD) STUDENTS ONLY:
7. Research Proposal:  (Give details of the area/topic you wish to
research, why you wish to carry out the research and what the aims of your
research are).  A4 page or more.

PLEASE SEND THE ABOVE TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

Mrs Susannah Wolfenden
Postgraduate Admissions Secretary
Computer Science Department
The University of Manchester
Oxford Road
Manchester
M13 9PL

NOTE:
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO A WEBSITE THEN EMAIL ME BACK AND I WILL POST
YOU A HARD COPY OF THE COURSE INFORMATION AND AN APPLICATION FORM - Please
state in your email you wish for a hard copy, name the course, and give me
your full name and address.

2.  IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO APPLY FOR A COURSE ...  but require other
information I will respond to your email enquiry, as soon as possible.